Thursday, April 10, 2008
Today Tim and I met with our Midwife for the first time. This was only our second appointment and we were both nervous again because I was only 11 weeks. She did all of the normal test and went over all of my lab results and everything came out great. The next step was for her to use the Doppler to hear the babies heart beat. Thank heavens this test could be done on my tummy and not somewhere else :). It took her awhile to find the babies heart beat and when she couldn't Tim and I began to get a little scared. She reassured us that if she couldn't find it with the machine that she would get the ultrasound machine out. She repeatedly told us not to worry and that sometimes the baby likes to hide. But after a few long minutes we heard our babies heart beat, and boy was it fast. It is so amazing to finally hear that I have something inside of me. The picture from our last ultrasound proved it but their is nothing like hearing the heartbeat of your baby inside of you. Tim and I left the doctors office feeling excited and happy that our baby had made it this far and decided it was now ok to tell the whole world we were going to be parents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment