Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Feeling not so good




So I thought from what I read that at the beginning of my second trimester I was supposed to be symptom free and be back to my old pre-pregnant self. Boy was I wrong! For the last week and a half I have felt yucky. I have had a constant headache that goes away when I eat but then seems to come back a few minutes later. So me being the concerned and utterly annoying first time mother called to make a doctors appointment to check and see if everything was ok with the baby or was it trying to communcate with me using some kind of sixth sense. I know for those of you who already have children your laughing at me but I am sure you were in my shoes at sometime or another. This time Tim was at work and I was lucky enough to have my mom come with me. I was excited to have my mom come with me because I knew she was at least going to be able to hear the babies heartbeat. I couldn't get in to see my regular midwife but the one we got to see was very nice. After telling her all of my symptoms which my mom and I kind of stretched, she basically told us that I was feeling like almost all other pregnant women and that everything was fine. She began to put the Doppler on my tummy and almost immediately found the babies heartbeat, I was relieved to hear that little heart pumping and my mom almost immediately began to cry. To our surprise the midwife said she would be back and in a few minutes had an ultrasound machine with her. My mom and I were excited and hoped that maybe we would get a sneak peek of the gender of the baby, but as you can see from the pictures the little bundle of joy was on its own agenda. The three pictures taken were amazing except everytime she went take the picture the baby moved. I guess it wasn't up for a photo shoot. My mom was so thrilled to see a picture of her little grandchild she could barely control herself. I was so happy that I could involve her in such a special moment.

1 comment:

HeatherC said...

Ok- so heres what I see: in the top one baby is lying face down with its behind up in the air- no gender shot there. In the second one its spine is still at the top but legs are moving down. The last one I cant make out. Possibly the skull in the far right hand side but not sure :)