Tuesday, October 28, 2008
40 weeks today, but no baby yet...
Well today I am officially 40 weeks or full term. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and she told me that there wasn't anything going on down there so at this point they scheduled my induction and sent me home. If the baby decides not to come before November 3rd I will be induced. We go back to the hospital on November 3rd at 10pm for my first round of medicine that I am told I will get up to two doses. Now it doesn't sound very glamorous or anything just that they will give me the first dose and if nothing happens I will get the second a few hours later. At 8 am yes it looks like we are going to be there all night, they will check me and if nothing is going on they will send me home. Now Tim and I aren't exactly sure why they would send me home but that is what we were told. We are assuming that eventually the medicine will wake up my mommy parts and then we will head back to the hospital. So at this point I am feeling pretty good and looking forward to Halloween because crossing my fingers we won't have any baby action till after we pass out candy and take Maya Trick r Treating. We have a stress test scheduled for the 31st of October and from what we were told it is just a routine test to check in and see how the baby is doing since he will be in me past his due date. So for right now cross your fingers and toes that this baby doesn't come before November 1st.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow, he IS a stubborn boy already!! hang in there...and keep us posted!!!
good luck!
allison
CONGRATS! I heard he is beautiful.
Post a Comment