Well this weekend was definitely a fun filled adventure. We had decided to go ahead and tell our parents and sisters that we were pregnant because we just couldn't keep it to ourselves. Plus we figured that Christina and Heather already knew and eventually one of them was going to give us up. We told my parents first because we had plans to go to dinner with them on Friday. Tim was waiting for me at my parents after work and after a few hours of "family time" I told my parents that we had news. I loved the look on the their faces because I could tell that they had no clue. When I told them that Tim and I were going to have a baby my mother immediately began to cry and my dad gave me big hug. Now I had been talking about babies for a few months with my mom but to see the joy in my parents faces made me even get a little tear in my eyes. After that we preceded to tell them our story of "are we or aren't we pregnant". On Sunday we were having a family dinner at the Hansen's so we had to wait to tell them. Heather and Devon had just flown in from visiting Nana and Uncle Lou and Aunt Fran in New Mexico so the whole family was there. It ended up only being Tim and I staying for dinner because the girls had to get back to home. So there we are sitting in the family room talking about the trip and Tim tells his family that we are going to have a baby. Now I think Rich was a little unsure of what he heard because he asked "your gonna have a baby" and Lorraine was already crying as well as Devon. Little T.K. was going to have a baby.
It was such a blessing to Tim and I to have such support from our families because we knew that the next few weeks we didn't know what to expect. But we know that with the love and support that our families give us, will help us no matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment