Sunday, February 24, 2008

We are having a baby!

Wow, so Tim and I are having a baby. When I saw the plus sign for the first time I couldn't believe it. I had to call Tim to make sure I was reading it correctly. Even Tim couldn't believe it. After only a few months of "trying" we were going to have a baby. Since neither of us had been threw this before and we didn't want to rush to judgement we call Kaiser. Haha, yes the first person to know was a R.N. on duty. They told us that a home test was accurate enough and they were going to schedule my first appointment. Being the skeptical person Tim is, he didn't want to rush to judgement. He wanted me to go to the doctor's first to make sure. So the next day I excitedly got in the car with my sister on the way to work and couldn't help but tell her. I figured she already has a baby and she would know what in the world to do. At a time like this she seemed like the almighty savior. So that afternoon we went to Kaiser and I took another test, when we called that night it was negative. Tim and I in shock again didn't know what to do. So we called our other sister Heather and let her know. Again Heather has been through two pregnancies is what we consider a guru, when it comes to this stuff. She assured us that we probabaly were pregnant. As you know Tim and I being the skeptical people we were just didn't understand. So here we are day 3 of our are we or aren't we saga and I was feeling under the weather so I convinced my wonderful husband to take me to urgent care. Now on a side note those of you that have Kaiser it was 5:30 on a Thursday evening, yeah. Being the supportive husband he is he half heartedly loaded me into the car and off we went. After only waiting for about 5 minutes they called me in and again had me take a pregnancy test. Now here we go with test number 4, I was so tired of all these test and just wanted to know. The doctor came in and told me that indeed we were pregnant and to make us feel better she would also take a blood test. Tim and I left Kaiser with feeling of relief that it was finally confirmed. Well until we got the call later on that night from the doctor again saying my blood work confirmed us being pregnant. The rest of the night was filled with when do we tell our families...
Tim and I are really excited that we are going to have a baby but also at the same time the reality of us being parents is driving us insane. I keep thinking of how my shopping trips to Nordstroms are now going to be driven by a baby who could care less if they are wearing designer clothes or Target brand. Or that this pregnancy is already talking on a mind of its own with my body and who knows what I will look like after this. Tim on the other still believes that the upcoming football season will be untarnished because of the arrival of a baby. Or that the nights that he can sleep straight through without a peep and wake up at 9 or 10 with no worries will not go away. Right now we are still in the blissful, excited, we can't believe it stage but through the months I am sure you will see this journey change us into hopefully two people who are ready and responsible to be parents. And if you don't see that happening, please just lie to us to make us feel better.

2 comments:

King Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! You both will make great Parents. (Heather's) friend Stacy.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tim and Sarah!! You guys are going to be great parents! Hope you are feeling well Sarah, enjoy every minute!
Love, Tara (Miller Family)