Well after we got home on Halloween Tim and I were tired so we went straight to bed. Around 2:00am I woke up with some stomach pain and I chalked it up to me eating too much candy the night before. Around 2:45am my tummy was still aching and it seemed to be getting worse. The pains started every 30 minutes and then went to every 10 minutes. I woke Tim up a few times because we had no idea what they were. Finally around 6:30 am the pains had gotten worse and were coming every 5 minutes we decided to call Kaiser because we believed I was in labor. The nurse told me I needed to have the pains for two hours straight at 5 minutes apart before we could come in. After we got off the phone with her I told Tim that we would be there at exactly 7:30am because the pains were just becoming to strong for me to handle. We got there at 7:30am and when they checked me I was already between 3 and 4 centimeters. Enough for them to keep me. I immediately asked for some medicine and they said I had to have a bag of solution before they would give me the epidural. My parents and sister got there around 8:30 and I still hadn't had an epidural so I was in a great mood. My mom and sister were great and my poor dad left the room after a few contractions, I think it was a little to much for him to see me going through that pain. So he left and went to the waiting room and watched Maya while I was in labor. After getting my epidural I was feeling great but unfortunately it slowed down my labor so instead of the baby coming soon he came later. But the good part was that I was able to see all of the family and friends that came to share in our special day. We had Tim's family, my best friend Melissa and Tim's friend Louie there with us. Finally the doctor decided to give me Pitocin to speed up the process but since I had my wonderful epidural I wasn't feeling the contractions at all, everytime I would have a really big one I would just feel a little discomfort. Finally around 7:00pm they said I was ready to begin pushing. My mom, sister and Tim were going to be there with me while I was beginning to push. After an hour and a half of pushing our wonderful bundle of joy Joshua Timothy Hansen, came into this world. He was so big at 8lbs 1oz. and 21 inches long. Mommy had a hard time getting him out but with the help of grandma, auntie and daddy they gave me the support I needed. I couldn't have done it without them. Now I know why everyone says that labor is the hardest most wonderful experience of their life. I can't believe how much this tiny little person has changed our lives in such a short time.
1 comment:
congrats!!!! so happy for your new family!!! joshua timothy is adorable and i can see all the love and happiness from the pictures
Post a Comment