Wednesday, September 3, 2008
The First Day of School
Well yesterday was my first day of school and boy was it exhausting. Now this is my fourth time going through the whole first day of school routine but this year I was extra nervous, because I am pregnant. I was worried that the parents were going to grill me or that the students were going to be terrors and make my life a living he.. for the next few months. I woke up extra early to try to look my best and got to school early enough to feel comfortable. Now this year our classes were mixed together because we went off of year around and on to traditional. So many of the kids I had no idea about but a few I remembered from hearing about them. I am starting off the year with 31 kids which isn't a full class (by one student) but at our school we were used to having class sizes around 27 or so, but because of our wonderful budget crisis they won't let us open another class. Sometimes I just love politicians :) Anyways yesterday went well nothing major happened but when I got home I cooked dinner and went to bed at the late hour of 7:30. Haha, who would have thought that but I was so tired that I just wanted to relax and lay in bed and ended up falling asleep. Hopefully the rest of the week will go over smoothly and on Thursday the big test will be Back to School night were the wonderful parents will inquire about my maternity leave. Now those of you in education will have sympathy for me but others that are in the business world trust me disgruntled parents is no picnic :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ugh . . . I'm not even pregnant and I can imagine the questions the parents will have for you. Last year we had a parent ask the principal which teachers were at "baby-making" age because she didn't want her child in that class! Craziness! Good luck!!!
Post a Comment